Have you ever considered being able to continue to be a blessing to your church after you are gone? If not, please consider Legacy Giving. You can give to help fund the work of the gospel well into the future. Currently, there are two funds that First Baptist has set up for Legacy Giving. They are listed below. For more information about how you can be a part of Legacy Giving please contact Trish Payton, the First Baptist financial secretary at (912) 384-5598.
OTHALYNE GILLIS MISSION FUND
Monies in this fund are invested with the Georgia Baptist Foundation. Interest from this fund is used each year to help First Baptist members go on mission trips. To give a gift to this Legacy Giving fund click here.
80% of monies from yearly interest will be used to support First Baptist Missions Trips above and beyond budgeted monies. The remaining 20% of the yearly interest will be reinvested with the Georgia Baptist Foundation.
To learn more about missions at First Baptist click here.
Seminary Scholarship Fund
Monies in this fund are invested with the Georgia Baptist Foundation. This fund pays for seminary of those students who were called into ministry while members of First Baptist Church, Douglas Georgia. They must complete their 4 year bachelors degree at their expense then the Seminary Fund will pay for tuition, books, and fees while they are in seminary. To give a gift to this Legacy Giving fund click here.
To learn more about the seminaries of the Southern Baptist Convention click here.